Where is Turkish Foundation Museum of Calligraphy? How to go to Turkish Foundation Museum of Calligraphy? What is the history of Turkish Foundation Museum of Calligraphy? What are the entrance fees for the Turkish Foundation Museum of Calligraphy? You can find the answer to all these questions in this article and discover the Turkish Foundation Museum of Calligraphy with us. Pleasant readings..
Turkish Foundation Museum of Calligraphy, which is affiliated to the General Directorate of Foundations and located in the Beyazıt District of Istanbul, II. It is located in Beyazıt Madrasa, which belongs to Beyazıt Complex. It is also known as the “Pool Madrasa” since it was located on the right side of the entrance door with a large rectangular pool. Sultan II. It was built by Beyazıt between 1506 and 1508.
History of the madrasa where the museum is located
The construction of the madrasa was completed in 1506-1508. The construction of the mosque dates back to 1497-1506. However, the Foundation at the General Directorate of Foundations carries the date of 1505. This situation, after the completion of the mosque, was included in the foundation of the Beyazıt Madrasah, where the complex was included in the foundation, and the sheikhs were required to work as a manager. However, due to the intensity of the works of the sheikhs, it is understood that they appointed a deputy for their education and thus the agency of the course attorney was born. In the classical madrasah plan, which is located in the northwest and slightly far from the mosque, II. Beyazıt Madrasa consists of 19 rooms on three sides of a central classroom. Although the building is made entirely of cut stone, the classroom is made of a row of stones and a row of bricks. It should be plainly erased, it has a supplementary appearance with red and white stones at the entrance and the buds in its crown. After an area with domes sitting on checkered corners, with embankments on both sides, a plain wiped door with flat arch is encountered. On the door, there is a pediment consisting of Rumî and kâîî made with yellow and black paint. The jambs of a window next to the entrance door are made of pink marble. Normal rooms are planned close to the square. Corner rooms are larger. There are three lower and one upper windows in the corner rooms. Each room has stove and cupboard places. There is also a summer room with a set on the right hand which opens to the courtyard.
The portico has 25 domes. There is a vaulted passage on the left arm. The function of this gate is not understood. It is likely that it is thought to be used for a transition to a section attached here. The classroom building is 3.65 meters away from the porticoes and there is only one wall connection between them. It has nine lower and twelve upper windows. There is a cabinet on the sides. There is no cooker. The dome arch is round, the door arch is made of pink and white marble, and the dome pulley has eight arches. There is a wooden eave in front of the entrance door, which is pressed into a thin marble column and is supposed to be added later. Şadırvan has a fringe with a diamond head on six columns without a base. The pool part has eight arches and it is a plain work. There is no inscription in both the classroom and the madrasa gate. The madrasa has undergone many repairs. After the closure of the madrasahs, Beyazıt Madrasah was used as a document dispatch place, a settlement for the poor, a dormitory for a while and finally the Municipal Museum and the Public Library. After the repair of Gazanfer Ağa Madrasa after 1943, the Municipality Revolution Museum moved from Beyazıt Madrasa to Gazanfer Ağa and only the library remained. The Writing Museum, which was opened for the first time in Yavuz Selim Madrasa in 1968, was opened to visitors on 28 October 1984 under the name of the Turkish Foundation Museum of Calligraphy after the Bayezit Madrasa was restored by the General Directorate of Foundations. In addition to writing and plate works, the museum contains works written on various materials (stone, glass, fabric, metal), and a total of 3638 works, 277 of which are in the exhibition. Sacred relics are also displayed in the classroom. The works in the museum were exhibited according to the types of writing, and being educative was prioritized. There are two sundials made by Ahmet Ziya Bey in the garden of the museum. The museum is closed to visitors due to restoration.
Transportation: The tram can be reached by IETT buses.
Telephone: +90 (212) 527 58 51
Address: Istanbul Foundations District Office – Turkish Foundation Museum of Calligraphy Opposite Beyazit Mosque Mosque Beyazit / ISTANBUL
Internet address: http://www.vgm.gov.t is